Title: Operations Manager
Reports To: Director of Operations
Salary Type: Full time Salary
The Operations Manager is responsible for assisting the Director of Operations with hiring, training, management and development of all departmental employees of the Barbara B. Mann Performing Arts Hall including: Bartenders, Events & Operations Staff,and Concessions personnel. Candidates for this position are required to be extremely organized, have a keen attention to detail and the flexibility to work within different aspects of the business. Candidates must have foresight to anticipate and solve problems quickly.
This person works directly with: The Director of Operations, Box Office Manager, Patron Services Manager, and Technical Director
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Hiring, training, scheduling and staff management of Concessions Managers, Bartenders, Concessions staff and Events & Operations staff.
• Assisting the Director of Operations in maintaining department productivity and expense control.
• Daily review of Concessions Manager(s) bar inventory and cash reports and providing verbal and written corrections to staff.
• Overseeing twice weekly bank deposits.
• Managing inventory by implementing a first-in-first-out (FIFO) system and completing monthly inventory reports as well as tracking daily movement of inventory including liquor, wine, food items & paper goods.
• Working with preferred caterers and individuals hosting private receptions regarding the food and beverage for their event.
• Assisting the Director of Operations in managing the sale of merchandise in the venue.
• Troubleshooting equipment and operational issues within the venue.
• Troubleshooting Front of House issues related to patrons and staff members.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
• Knowledge and training in food safety and liquor control. Safe serving practices for food and beverages is required.
• Knowledge of inventory control management required.
• At least two years related experience in a management position preferred.
• Graduation from an accredited four (4) year college or university with major coursework in business/management preferred.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provide the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities and other competencies necessary for success in the target position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.